[openstack-dev] Running neutron in child cells

Aaron Rosen aaronorosen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 00:49:13 UTC 2014

Hi Ramkumar,

Today there is no type of cells integration or cells like logic in neutron.
If using nova cells, each cell must share the same neturon deployment. This
neutron deployment though can be scaled out across several neutron servers
behind a loadbalancer though. Another scaling option could be to
potentially deploy different nova regions and providing a set of neutron
servers for each region. The downside of doing this though would be that
you wouldn't be able to span networks across different regions if done this
way.

Best,

Aaron