[openstack-dev] [heat] [heat-templates] [qa] [tempest] Questions about images

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 17:58:11 UTC 2014

Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> wrote answers to most of my questions.

To clarify, my concern about URLs and image names is not so much for the
sake of a person browsing/writing but rather because I want programs,
scripts, templates, and config files (e.g., localrc for DevStack) to all
play nice together (e.g., not require a user to rename any images or hack
any templates).  I think Steve was thinking along the same lines when he
reiterated the URL he uses in localrc and wrote:

> We should use the default name that devstack uses in glance, IMO, e.g
>
> "fedora-20.x86_64"

Steve also referred to /hot/F20/WordPress_Native.yaml in heat-templates.
That template is a counter-example: for the image_id parameter it says

      - allowed_values: [ Fedora-i386-20-20131211.1-sda,
Fedora-x86_64-20-20131211.1-sda ]

I'm going to assume that Steve and others agree that the allowed values
constraint in this and similar templates should be revised to follow the
pattern exemplified by "fedora-20.x84_64".  Or should it be liberalized to
not be so prescriptive?  I'll go even a step further and say that there
should be a default value and it should be the 64-bit value (I am thinking
ahead to automating testing of heat-templates).

Thanks,
Mike