[openstack-dev] open question about keystone-configuration

Wang, Min min.wang6 at hp.com
Wed Apr 16 16:15:38 UTC 2014

Hello there,

My name is Min Wang, and I am working in HP cloud compute team. I got a question regarding keystone configuration and need guidance.

So I am following the instruction in this pdf file: http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/openstack-install-guide-apt-havana.pdf
When I type these command line in the vm, I got errors, which I don’t know how to solve
First, create a tenant for an administrative user and a tenant for other OpenStack services
to use.
# keystone tenant-create --name=admin --description="Admin Tenant"
# keystone tenant-create --name=service --description="Service Tenant"

The following is what I got:

openstack at ubuntu:~$  keystone tenant-create --name=admin --description="Admin Tenant"
An unexpected error prevented the server from fulfilling your request. (ProgrammingError) (1146, "Table 'keystone.token' doesn't exist") 'SELECT token.id AS token_id, token.expires AS token_expires, token.extra AS token_extra, token.valid AS token_valid, token.user_id AS token_user_id, token.trust_id AS token_trust_id \nFROM token \nWHERE token.id = %s' ('75c91af688178897bcdb',) (HTTP 500)

openstack at ubuntu:~$ sudo keystone tenant-create --name=admin --description="Admin Tenant"
Expecting an auth URL via either --os-auth-url or env[OS_AUTH_URL]

All of the steps above these command lines got good result,I am not sure where is the error source.

Best Regards and Many thanks!