[openstack-dev] [Nova] nova-specs

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Wed Apr 16 15:00:07 UTC 2014

> There may be some consistency work needed.  I spent some time/text in
> justification around no security impact in a spec.  I was guided
> specifically that None was a better statement.

I think you're referring to me. What I said was, you went into a lot of
depth explaining why there was no security impact for things that I felt
were fairly common.

That said, even in code reviews, you're going to get opinions from lots
of different people, and they're not all going to match up 100%. That's
okay, and to be expected, IMHO. It's obviously desirable for us to have
a core (and drivers) team that all have roughly the same opinion on what
is suitable and not, but expecting total consistency is not realistic or
necessary, I think.

Remember that just because someone -1s a patch, doesn't mean that every
single comment they made was -1 worthy on its own. Often times I will -1
for a spelling mistake and then make a bunch of other purely-opinion
comments which don't necessarily need to change.

--Dan