[openstack-dev] [Heat] [Murano] [Solum] applications in the cloud

Thomas Spatzier thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 09:48:37 UTC 2014

Hi Ruslan,

> From: Ruslan Kamaldinov <rkamaldinov at mirantis.com>
> Date: 16/04/2014 00:38
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Heat] [Murano] [Solum] applications inthe
cloud

> Update:
> Stan filed a blueprint [0] for type interfaces in HOT.
>

> I would like to outline the current vision of Murano Application format,
> make sure we're all on the same page. We had a valuable discussion in
several
> MLs and we also had a lot of discussions between Murano team members. As
> result of these discussion we see the following plan for Murano:
>
> * Adopt TOSCA for application definition in Murano. Work with TOSCA
committee
> * Utilize Heat as much as possible. Participate in discussions and
>   implementations for hooks mechanism in Heat. Participate in HOT format
>   discussions

Those two sound great. For the version of TOSCA we are currently defining,
the more concrete implementation input we get, the better. So your
collaboration is more than welcome. And putting things into Heat that make
sense to be put into Heat is also a good plan, since this gives us a common
code base instead of duplicated efforts.

It would be good to get together at the next summit and discuss some of
this. We also started implementation of a TOSCA YAML library and a
translator to HOT as a stackforge project, and we are thinking about how a
"TOSCA layer" actually fits into the overall picture. Would be good to talk
about this with key stackholders. I actually submitted a sessions proposal
for one of the "open source @ OpenStack" slots to get a room and time slot,
but have not heard back yet.

> * Adopt Mistral DSL for workflow management. Find a way to compose Heat
>   templates and Mistral DSL

Also makes sense, and this is another item where we have some interest from
a TOSCA perspective.

Regards,
Thomas

> * Keep MuranoPL engine in the source tree to take care of all the
features we
>   need for our users until those features are implemented on top things
>   described above
>
> Murano, Heat teams, please let me know if this plan sounds sane to you.
>
> [0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/interface-types
>
> Thanks,
> Ruslan
>
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Thomas Spatzier
> <thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote on 04/04/2014 19:05:04:
> >> From: Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com>
> >> To: openstack-dev <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> >> Date: 04/04/2014 19:06
> >> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Heat] [Murano] [Solum] applications
inthe
> > cloud
> >>
> >> Excerpts from Stan Lagun's message of 2014-04-04 02:54:05 -0700:

> > could

HBase