[openstack-dev] [nova] [neutron] Gerrit spec reviews

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 21:31:29 UTC 2014

On 04/15/2014 05:14 PM, Kyle Mestery wrote:
> Hi Nova developers:
>
> I have a question around the new nova-specs gerrit repository. We're
> implementing the same thing in Neutron for Juno (I'm hoping to make
> this live tomorrow), but I had a few quick questions so I can build on
> your experience with this so far:
>
> 1. Did you implement any sort of time limit on BPs in review? Mostly
> around trying to triage the BPs as they come in.

No limits yet other than the organic limits of how fast we can get
through them.

> 2. Nova has a subset of the core-team which can actually approve BPs,
> is this correct?

Correct.  The team is nova-drivers [1].  This is the team that assisted
me with the blueprint review process last cycle, as well.  My plan was
to continue to manage the team sort of like we manage nova-core: update
with new members after they gained trust from the others after
demonstrating dedication and high review quality.  Going forward, I
defer to the Juno PTL on any changes that may be made here.

> 3. For all BPs submitted using the new procedure, is it required to
> submit a Summit session?

No.  More details of the process on [2].

[1] https://launchpad.net/~nova-drivers/+members#active
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprints#Creation

--
Russell Bryant