[openstack-dev] Efficient image cloning implementation in NetApp nfs drivers // make this part of base NFS driver

Kerr, Andrew Andrew.Kerr at netapp.com
Tue Apr 15 14:35:37 UTC 2014

The NetApp driver uses NetApp specific API calls to implement the actual
cloning of the file.  You could probably generalize it by implementing the
keeping of a cached image file on the destination share for future copies,
and then implement a standard "copy file" method that could be overloaded
by individual drivers.  In implementing the cache image though you would
also need to implement a cache "scrubber" that will come around and clean
up the cached files once you reach (user) defined thresholds.

Andrew Kerr
OpenStack QA
Cloud Solutions Group
NetApp