[openstack-dev] Payload within RabbitMQ messages for Nova related exchanges

George Monday crack.pop.cloud at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:07:46 UTC 2014

Hey there,

I've got a quick question about the RabbitMQ exchanges. We are writing
listeners
for the RabbitMQ exchanges. The basic information about the tasks like
compute.instance.create.[start|stop] etc. as stored in the 'payload'
attribute of the
json message are my concern at the moment.

Does this follow a certain predefined structure that's consistent for the
lifetime of, say,
a specific nova api version? Will this change in major releases (from
havana to icehouse)?
Is this subject to change without notice? Is there a definition available
somewhere? Like for
the api versions?

In short, how reliable is the json structure of the payload attribute in a
rabbitMQ message?

We just want to make sure, that with an update to the OpenStack controller,
we wouldn't
break our listeners?

My Best,
George