[openstack-dev] [mistral] [taskflow] Mistral TaskFlow integration summary

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 15 07:35:54 UTC 2014

On 15 Apr 2014, at 11:13, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Sure, its not the fully complete lazy_engine, but piece by piece we can get there.

Did you make any estimations when it could happen? :)

> Of course code/contributions are welcome, as such things will benefit more than just mistral, but openstack as a whole :-)

OK.

> From: Kirill Izotov <enykeev at stackstorm.com>
>> The whole idea of sub-flows within the scope of direct conditional transitions is a bit unclear to me (and probably us all) at the moment, though I'm trying to rely on them only as a means to lesser the complexity.

Yes, eventually it’s for reducing complexity. I would just add that it opens wide range of opportunities like:
ability to combine multiple physically independent workflows
reusability (using one workflow as a part of another)
isolation (different namespaces for data flow contexts etc)

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.