[openstack-dev] [ceilometer]support direct alarm_evaluator db access

liusheng liusheng1175 at 126.com
Tue Apr 15 07:26:58 UTC 2014

Hi there,
Currently,alarm_evaluator invoke ceilometerclient to get all assigned
alarms. and then, evaluate per alarm by get statistics, which will also
call ceilometerclient. this process is:
evaluator-->ceilometerclient-->ceilometer API-->db.
If we use default option of evaluation_interval (60s), and if we have
many alarms, alarm_evaluator will frequently invoke ceilometerclient and
will produce many http requests per minute.
That is inefficient,it affect the performance of ceilometer(data
collection, data query, e.g.). The better way is allowing
alarm_evaluator access db directely.

Should the related codes of alarm-evaluator need a refactor?

Can you provide your thoughts about this?

I have registered a related blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/direct-alarm-evaluator-db-access

Best regards
Liu sheng