[openstack-dev] [Mistral][TaskFlow] Mistral-TaskFlow Summary

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 15 07:19:54 UTC 2014

Some notes:
Even though we use YAQL now our design is flexible enough to plug other ELs in.
If it tells you something in Amazon SWF a component that makes a decision about a further route is called Decider.
This discussion about conditionals is surely important but it doesn’t matter too much if we don’t agree on that lazy execution model.

> Of course I'm trying to make the above not be its own micro-language as much as possible (a switch object starts to act like one, sadly).

Why do you think it’s going to be a micro-language?

> [1] http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aldrich/papers/onward2009-concurrency.pdf
> [2] http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~dcm/Teaching/COT4810-Spring2011/Literature/DataFlowProgrammingLanguages.pdf

Cool, thanks!