[openstack-dev] Vagrant Devstack projects - time to consolidate?

Greg Lucas glucas at tesora.com
Mon Apr 14 15:30:04 UTC 2014

> Honestly, multi provisioner support is something I think shouldn't be
> done.

> if there's already a provisioner that is used for infra,
> let's re-use some of that knowledge and expertise.

OK, I'm convinced. :-) I was thinking one reason there is a
proliferation of devstack vagrantfiles is that when people find one with
a provisioner they aren't already familiar with, they tend to build from
scratch with something they know.

But agreed that the efforts of the community would be better focused on
a single configuration, particularly one that aligns with the existing
infrastructure.

> The place I think plugability makes sense is in virt backends. I'd
> honestly love to be able to do nested kvm for performance reasons, or an
> openstack cloud for dogfooding reasons.

+1 for nested virt support.

~Greg