[openstack-dev] [Glance] [Swift] Icehouse RC2 available

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sat Apr 12 07:50:53 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Due to a regression detected in Swift RC1 testing and a security issue
in Glance RC1, we just published new Icehouse release candidates for
these two projects. Tarballs and bugfix lists are available at:

https://launchpad.net/glance/icehouse/icehouse-rc2
https://launchpad.net/swift/icehouse/1.13.1-rc2

Unless release-critical regressions are found that warrant a release
candidate respin, these RC2s will be formally released as part of the
2014.1 final version on April 17. You are therefore strongly encouraged
to test and validate these tarballs !

Alternatively, you can directly test the milestone-proposed branch at:
https://github.com/openstack/glance/tree/milestone-proposed
https://github.com/openstack/swift/tree/milestone-proposed

If you find an issue that could be considered release-critical, please
file it at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+filebug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+filebug

and tag it *icehouse-rc-potential* to bring it to the release crew's
attention.

Those were the last release candidate windows we had currently open. At
this point, we don't know of any issue that would warrant a RC3 to be
produced for any project before final Icehouse release, although of
course it is always possible that last minute testing expose some in the
following days.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)