[openstack-dev] [infra][nova][docker]

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Apr 12 00:23:31 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/11/2014 04:58 PM, Sean Dague wrote:

[snip]

>> If we think it's staying in 3rd party, people are free to use
>> whatever they would like.
>
> I guess we should be clear on this point.
>
> I *really* think the best way forward is to move back to trying to get
> this working in openstack infra.  I really can't think of any reason
> not to.
>
> Any disagreements with that goal?

Agreed, where it makes sense. In general we should be avoiding third
party CI unless we need to support something we can't in the gate -- a
proprietary virt driver, or weird network hardware for example. I
think we've now well and truly demonstrated that third party CI
implementations are hard to run well.

Docker doesn't meet either of those tests.

However, I can see third party CI being a stepping stone required by
the infra team to reduce their workload -- in other words that they'd
like to see things running consistently as a third party CI before
they move it into their world. However, I'll leave that call to the
infra team.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia