[openstack-dev] [nova] Dynamic scheduling

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:59:58 UTC 2014

> @Oleg, Till now, I'm not sure the target of Gantt, is it for initial
> placement policy or run time policy or both, can you help clarify?

I don't want to talk on behalf of Oleg, but Gantt is targeted to be the
forklift of the current Nova scheduler. So, a placement decision based on
dynamic metrics would be worth it.
That said, as Gantt is not targeted to be delivered until Juno at least
(with Nova sched deprecated), I think any progress on a BP should target
Nova with respect to the forklift efforts, so it would automatically be
ported to Gantt once the actual fork would happen.

-Sylvain

Jay