[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev][Nova][VMWare] Enable live migration with one nova compute

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:07:46 UTC 2014

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the contribution.

Shawn from VMware already filed a bp to export those resources
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-auto-inventory , but
this bp might some redesign as we need to decide how we will handle
configuration and convention when it comes to vSphere inventory.

Yes, I think that we need support host-node mode for live migration.

Divakar give some idea of "Parent - Child compute" mode, I'm just wondering
what is the difference of this mode with bare-metal "host-node" mode.