[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Security Group logging

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Apr 8 23:02:43 UTC 2014

Auditing has been discussed for the firewall extension.
However, it is reasonable to expect some form of auditing for security
group rules as well.

To the best of my knowledge there has never been an explicit decision to
not support logging.
However, my guess here is that we might be better off with an auditing
service plugin integrating with security group and firewall agents rather
than baking the logging feature in the security group extension.
Please note that I'm just thinking aloud here.

Regards,
Salvatore