[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] create server from a volume snapshot, 180 reties is sufficient?

Solly Ross sross at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 17:53:35 UTC 2014

I think some of the objections to such patches were based on the fact that this is really
just a shortcut for two separate operations: create a volume from a Glance image, and then boot
off of that image.  Instead of monkey-patching it, we should either figure out a way to dynamically
configure the timeout based on image size, network conditions, etc, or we should just remove the shortcut
entirely, and just have people do the two steps separately (the current workaround for large disk images).

Best Regards,
Solly Ross