[openstack-dev] [oslo] run tests using testr on Python 3

victor stinner victor.stinner at enovance.com
Tue Apr 8 13:12:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

Olso Incubator runs tests using testr on Python 2, but it uses nosetests on Python 3 to only run a subset of the test suite (modules and tests ported to Python 3). In my latest patch for Oslo Incubator (gettext), Ben Nemec wrote:
"I think we could get around the nose issue by using a testr regex to filter the tests we run for py33 (like I did in py27 for running everything but rpc in parallel), but that's outside the scope of this change so +2."

I tried to run Olso Incubator tests with testr on Python 3, but testr fails to load "openstack.common.eventlet_backdoor", because eventlet module is not installed (eventlet is not Python 3 compatible yet). If I understood correctly, testr first loads all modules and then filter the tests to run using the regex passed on the command line. If I'm correct, I don't see right now how to run Olso Incubator tests with testr on Python 3. But I don't know well the Testr tool, so I missed probably an option.

I would like to use testr because many Olso Incubator tests use testscenarios (which doesn't work with nosetests).

By the way, would it be possible to fix nosetests to use testscenarios?

Victor