[openstack-dev] [Nova] Hosts within two Availability Zones : possible or not ?

Khanh-Toan Tran khanh-toan.tran at cloudwatt.com
Tue Apr 8 10:31:47 UTC 2014

“Abusive usage” : If user can request anti-affinity VMs, then why doesn’t
he uses that? This will result in user constantly requesting all his VMs
being in the same anti-affinity group. This makes scheduler choose one
physical host per VM. This will quickly flood the infrastructure and mess
up with the objective of admin (e.g. Consolidation that regroup VM instead
of spreading, spared hosts, etc) ; at some time it will be reported back
that there is no host available, which appears as a bad experience for
user.