[openstack-dev] [TripleO] reviewer update march [additional cores]

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Apr 7 23:50:57 UTC 2014

tl;dr: 3 more core members to propose:
bnemec
greghaynes
jdon

On 4 April 2014 08:55, Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> +1 for your proposed -core changes.
>
> Re your question about whether we should retroactively apply the 3-a-day
> rule to the 3 month review stats, my suggestion would be a qualified no.
>
> I think we've established an agile approach to the member list of -core, so
> if there are a one or two people who we would have added to -core before the
> goalposts moved, I'd say look at their review quality. If they're showing
> the right stuff, let's get them in and helping. If they don't feel our new
> goalposts are achievable with their workload, they'll fall out again
> naturally before long.

So I've actioned the prior vote.

I said: "Bnemec, jdob, greg etc - good stuff, I value your reviews
already, but..."

So... looking at a few things - long period of reviews:
60 days:
|        greghaynes       |     121    0  22  99   0   0    81.8% |
14 ( 11.6%)  |
|          bnemec         |     116    0  38  78   0   0    67.2% |
10 (  8.6%)  |
|           jdob          |      87    0  15  72   0   0    82.8% |
4 (  4.6%)  |

90 days:

|          bnemec         |     145    0  40 105   0   0    72.4% |
17 ( 11.7%)  |
|        greghaynes       |     142    0  23 119   0   0    83.8% |
22 ( 15.5%)  |
|           jdob          |     106    0  17  89   0   0    84.0% |
7 (  6.6%)  |

Ben's reviews are thorough, he reviews across all contributors, he
shows good depth of knowledge and awareness across tripleo, and is
sensitive to the pragmatic balance between 'right' and 'good enough'.
I'm delighted to support him for core now.

Greg is very active, reviewing across all contributors with pretty
good knowledge and awareness. I'd like to see a little more contextual
awareness though - theres a few (but not many) reviews where looking
at how the big picture of things fitting together more would have been
beneficial. *however*, I think that's a room-to-improve issue vs
not-good-enough-for-core - to me it makes sense to propose him for
core too.

Jay's reviews are also very good and consistent, somewhere between
Greg and Ben in terms of bigger-context awareness - so another
definite +1 from me.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>