[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Neutron] Networking Discussions last week

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Sun Apr 6 21:06:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,
we had a number of discussions last week in Moscow, with participation of
guys from Russia, Ukraine and Poland.
That was a great time!! Thanks everyone who participated.

Special thanks to Przemek for great preparations, including the following:
https://docs.google.com/a/mirantis.com/presentation/d/115vCujjWoQ0cLKgVclV59_y1sLDhn2zwjxEDmLYsTzI/edit#slide=id.p

I've searched over blueprints which require update after meetings:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/multiple-cluster-networks
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-multiple-l3-agents
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-storage-networks
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/separate-public-floating
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/advanced-networking

We will need to create one for UI.

Neutron blueprints which are in the interest of large and thus complex
deployments, with the requirements of scalability and high availability:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/l3-high-availability
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/quantum-multihost

The last one was rejected... there is might be another way of achieving
same use cases? Use case, I think, was explained in great details here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NovaNeutronGapHighlights
Any thoughts on this?

Mike Scherbakov
#mihgen