[openstack-dev] [heat] Problems with Heat software configurations and KeystoneV2

Michael Elder mdelder at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 4 14:16:55 UTC 2014

Opened in Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1302624

I still have concerns though about the design approach of creating a new
project for every stack and new users for every resource.

If I provision 1000 patterns a day with an average of 10 resources per
pattern, you're looking at 10,000 users per day. How can that scale?

How can we ensure that all stale projects and users are cleaned up as
instances are destroy? When users choose to go through horizon or nova to
tear down instances, what cleans up the project & users associated with
that heat stack?

Keystone defines the notion of tokens to support authentication, why
doesn't the design provision and store a token for the stack and its
equivalent management?

-M

Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder

STSM | Master Inventor
mdelder at us.ibm.com  | linkedin.com/in/mdelder

"Success is not delivering a feature; success is learning how to solve the
customer’s problem.” -Mark Cook