[openstack-dev] Quota Management

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Fri Apr 4 10:52:03 UTC 2014

On 03/04/14 23:20, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 14:41 -0500, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
>> On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 19:16 +0000, Cazzolato, Sergio J wrote:
>>> Jay, thanks for taking ownership on this idea, we are really
>>> interested to contribute to this, so what do you think are the next
>>> steps to move on?
>>
>> Perhaps a summit session on quota management would be in order?
>
> Done:
>
> http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/221

Thank you for proposing the session, I'm hopeful having this in the new
cross-project track will have a positive impact on the discussion. I'm
under the impression that this comes back regularly as a session topic
but keeps hitting barriers when it comes to actual implementation
(perhaps because important stakeholders were missing from the session
before).

I'd like to bring up the cross-project discussion from last time this
was discussed in December [1] as a reference, since the same
questions/objections will likely come back again. One of the main issues
was that this shouldn't live in Keystone, which could be resolved by
using Boson, but the rest shows a reluctance from the projects to
delegate quota management, and uncertainty around the use cases. Oslo
was also mentioned as a possible place to help with improving the
consistency.

I'd love a more consistent way to handle and manage quotas across
multiple projects as this would help Horizon too, for very similar
reasons than are mentioned here.

Thanks,

Julie

[1]