[openstack-dev] [Neutron] minimal scope covered by third-party testing

Simon Pasquier simon.pasquier at bull.net
Fri Apr 4 09:00:18 UTC 2014

Hi Salvatore,

On 03/04/2014 14:56, Salvatore Orlando wrote:
> Hi Simon,

<snip>

> I hope stricter criteria will be enforced for Juno; I personally think
> every CI should run at least the smoketest suite for L2/L3 services (eg:
> load balancer scenario will stay optional).

I had a little thinking about this and I feel like it might not have
caught _immediately_ the issue Kyle talked about [1].

Let's rewind the time line:
1/ Change to *Nova* adding external events API is merged
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/76388/
2/ Change to *Neutron* notifying Nova when ports are ready is merged
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75253/
3/ Change to *Nova* making libvirt wait for Neutron notifications is merged
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/74832/

At this point and assuming that the external ODL CI system were running
the L2/L3 smoke tests, change #3 could have passed since external
Neutron CI aren't voting for Nova. Instead it would have voted against
any subsequent change to Neutron.

Simon

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1301449