[openstack-dev] Support for multiple sort keys and sort directions in REST GET APIs

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:15:07 UTC 2014

Duncan, I think the point you raise could happen even without this change. In
the example of listing volumes, you would first query for the list in some
multi-key sort. The API extensions for example that add additional response
keys will do another lookup on that resource for the appropriate column it's
retrieving. There are some extensions that still do this unfortunately, but
quite a few got taken care of in Havana in using cache instead of doing these
wasteful lookups.

Overall Steven, I think this change is useful, especially from one of the
Horizon sessions I heard in Hong Kong for filtering/sorting.

--
Mike Perez