[openstack-dev] Quota Management

Cazzolato, Sergio J sergio.j.cazzolato at intel.com
Thu Apr 3 15:02:09 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'd like to know your thoughts regarding Quota Management... I've been contributing to this topic for icehouse and noticed some issues and discussions around its implementation like code is duplicated, synch problems with database, not having an homogeneous logic, etc... so I was thinking that maybe a centralized implementation could be a solution for this... As far as I know there was a discussion during the last summit and the decision was to use Keystone for a Centralized Quota Management solution but I don't have the details on that discussion... Also I was looking at Boson (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Boson) that seems to be a nice solution for this and also addresses the scenario where Nova is deployed in a multi-cell manner and some other interesting things.

Sergio