[openstack-dev] [Neutron] minimal scope covered by third-party testing

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Thu Apr 3 13:26:05 UTC 2014

I agree 100% on this in fact. One of the other concerns I have with
the existing 3rd party
CI systems is that, other than the "audit" review Salvatore mentions,
who is ensuring
they continue to run ok? Once they've been given voting rights, is
anyone auditing these
to ensure they continue to function ok?

I suspect also that Simon is referring to the ODL ML2 MechanismDriver,
which was broken
with this commit [1] pushed in at the very end of Icehouse, and in
fact is still broken unless
you use the wonky workaround of telling Nova that VIF plugging isn't
fatal and give it a timeout
to wait. Better CI for ODL would have caught this, but I'm still
somewhat saddened this was
merged so late because now ODL is broken by default and the work to
fix this is turning out
to be more challenging than initially thought. :(

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75253/