[openstack-dev] Missleading and hardly parseable default neutron config files

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Apr 2 16:00:31 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 10:10 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 04/02/2014 11:01 AM, Solly Ross wrote:
>> IMHO, having "Example:" on a separate line from the actual option is a lot easier for humans:
>> you just delete a single character or use your editor-of-choice's uncomment macro to activate
>> a line.
>
> Sure, agreed.  But in any case, it seems to make sense to handle sample
> config files consistently across projects.  If a usability enhancement
> related to examples is made, it will then make its way to all projects.

Yes, and there seems to be some momentum behind the idea of getting
these out of the git tree, so automatic generation is going to be needed
then.

We have a bug open (https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo/+bug/1300546) for
tracking what needs to happen for Glance to be able to do this, so if
there's something blocking Neutron please let us know and we will figure
out how to make it work.  Thanks.

-Ben