[openstack-dev] Documenting FWaaS

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:46:19 UTC 2014

Hi Israel,

Thanks for taking this up. There is currently an ongoing effort to
provide some level of developer documentation within the neutron
source tree itself. The patch in review proposes creating placeholders
for advanced services, and details for each of the services can be
added in follow up patches:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80825/3

Then there are the admin and API documents:
Admin:
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals
Config reference:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/config-reference/content/section_networking-options-reference.html

API:
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-network/2.0/content/
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bugs?field.tag=netconn-api
https://github.com/openstack/netconn-api

See following for how to contribute to the OpenStack docs:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers

For items in flight, or which do not fit into the above categories, we
often tend to document them in OpenStack wiki pages. The landing page
for FWaaS wiki page is here (you can create links from there):
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/FWaaS

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
~Sumit.