[openstack-dev] [Keystone] python-keystoneclient v3 functionality

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 13:13:22 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 07:36 AM, Yaguang Tang wrote:
> Thanks Jamie,
>
> then the following question is do we intend to move other services
> client library V3 identity support to python-openstackclient?
> AFAIK it's poorly supported for Nova Cinder Neutron client library,
> and I am working on add v3 support for those libraries[1], just
> want to make sure that is the correct direction.

> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81767/

Sort of.  The Keystone client should be responsible for all fo the
service catalog manipulations throughout openstack.  So the Cinder
client should use the Keystone client.

To see the idea, read Jamie's blog post:

http://www.jamielennox.net/blog/2014/02/24/client-session-objects/

The main idea is that Keystone will handle the HTTP session setup, so
that we have a single place to focus attention on for HTTP network
security issues.  And you should not need to parse the service catalog
at all.