[openstack-dev] [Heat] PTL Candidacy

Thomas Herve thomas.herve at enovance.com
Wed Apr 2 09:06:37 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I'd like announce my candidacy for Heat PTL.

It's been a pleasure to be part of such a great team for about a year now, and that's the main driver for me to want to represent all of you. I trust that as a team we'll continue do a good job delivering nice software, and I hope I could become the team delegate for the next 6 months.

If I had to choose my slogan for this period, it would be "Less features, more users". I think we've reached the point where Heat fills a solid portion of the use cases it aimed at the beginning, so we should focus on everything else:
 * It starts by more functional testing, via more tempests and grenade integration to make sure upgrades are fine. I hope it'll continue to improve our stability
 * Then I'd like to look at performance, to make sure we're good enough so that people doesn't notice Heat when deploying it
 * We should also maintain our efforts on documentation
 * Finally, we should support template authors, by talking to the OpenStack community (TripleO, Trove, Murano,...) but also outside to application developers. I hope we can push contributions to heat-templates (or another repository) for better community interaction.

I'm willing to learn if I'll actually have some time to do more than one of those things while holding the position!

My commits: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/owner:therve,n,z

And my reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:therve,n,z

Thomas