[openstack-dev] [Sahara] PTL Candidacy

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 1 19:52:09 UTC 2014

Hey folks,

I'd like to announce my intention to continue being PTL of the Data
Processing program (Sahara) PTL.

I'm working on Sahara (ex. Savanna) project from scratch, from the
initial idea, proof of concept implementation and till now. I have
been the acting/elected PTL since Sahara was an idea. Additionally,
I'm contributing to other OpenStack projects, especially
Infrastructure for the last release cycle where I'm now core reviewer.

My high-level focus as PTL is to coordinate work of subteams, code
review, release management and general architecture/design tracking.

During the Icehouse I was especially focused on integration with other
projects like Tempest, DevStack, etc. In Icehouse we've done an
awesome work and solve the crazily huge list of issues to become the
integrated project and finally we have successfully graduated from the
incubation and Sahara will be a part of Juno integrated release.

For the Juno I'd like to keep my own focus on the same stuff -
coordination, review, release management and general approach
tracking. As about the overall project focus I'd like to continue
working on Tempest tests coverage, integration with other OpenStack
projects, and to add several big features in EDP and core Sahara like
applying "NextGen architecture" discussed on the Hong Kong summit,
version 2 REST API polished, cleaned and implemented using Pecan
framework, improved UX for non-expert EDP users and etc. Additionally,
I'd like to note that we'll need to significantly increase
documentation coverage and backward compatibility policies.

A few words about myself: I'm Principle Software Engineer in Mirantis.
I was working a lot with  Big Data projects and technologies (Hadoop,
HDFS, Cassandra, Twitter Storm, etc.) and enterprise-grade solutions
before starting working on Sahara in OpenStack ecosystem. You can see
my commit history [0], review history [1].

[0] http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&metric=commits&project_type=openstack&module=&company=&user_id=slukjanov
[1] http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&metric=marks&project_type=openstack&module=&company=&user_id=slukjanov

--
Sincerely yours,