[openstack-dev] FreeBSD/bhyve support for nova with libvirt

Michał Dubiel md at semihalf.com
Tue Apr 1 12:20:01 UTC 2014

Hi Russell,

My intent was to create a common code starting point, where others, who are
also interested in bringing OpenStack to FreeBSD could develop the missing
features, have it reviewed and do progress. Those changes are, as Roman
have noticed, a work in progress, however, given the limitations (features
not yet supported) it allows for working with VMs on FreeBSD hosts. We will
gradually add support for the rest of the features.

May I gently ask you what is the rationale behind the approach to wait till
the entire set of features is covered instead of allowing the developers
interested in making progress in bringing support for the FreeBSD to push
their changes incrementally and eventually cover all the necessary features?

Regards,
Michal