[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Libvirt] Virtio-Serial support for Nova libvirt driver

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Mon Sep 30 19:56:07 UTC 2013

Hi all,

A host / guest communication channel can be useful in a lot of scenarios. What about thinking on a common interface to be implemented on other hypervisors as well and not only on KVM?
We're planning to start working on something similar for Hyper-V and there were some chats about ideas related to XenServer as well (John?).

Each hypervisor provides different ways of achieving this goal, but IMO it'd be fairly easy to define a common adapter interface.

Alessandro