[openstack-dev] [Glance] Proposed S3 multi-part upload functionality

Masashi Ozawa mozawa at cloudian.com
Mon Sep 30 04:22:06 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We already created the blueprint for this feature below belore, if
Glance can use S3 MultiPart Upload REST API for the large objects in
future release as Amazon recommends it for the large object to be
uploaded, I believe that it's very useful for the customers and a good
thing for AWS and other S3 servers.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/s3-multi-part-upload

However it's not in the future release list so we actually implemeted
this feature based on Grizzly for an internal testing porpose and it
works so far.

Made the implementation strategy below. So please review this so that
we can hopefully have this feature in the future openstack release.

- Proposal S3 multi-part upload functionality
https://etherpad.openstack.org/s3-multi-part-upload

thanks,
- Ozawa
--