[openstack-dev] [Pecan] is now on StackForge

Ryan Petrello ryan.petrello at dreamhost.com
Fri Sep 27 16:36:50 UTC 2013

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to announce that the Pecan project (http://pecanpy.org) has been moved to StackForge.

For those who are unfamiliar, Pecan is a lightweight WSGI framework that's being used in a handful of OpenStack core and ancillary projects, such as Ceilometer, Ironic, and Tuskar.  There's also planned support coming for Cinder (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/web-framework-switch).  Especially when paired with the WSME and sphinxcontrib-pecanwsme libraries, it's very well-suited to building RESTful, self-documenting APIs and web services.

We've also just released a new version to PyPI (0.4.1), which includes some notable performance optimizations.

The code is available on Stackforge:

https://github.com/stackforge/pecan

And we're using Launchpad to manage bugs:

https://launchpad.net/pecan

If you want to chat, pop in the #pecanpy IRC channel on Freenode or send an email to openstack-dev at lists.launchpad.net with "[Pecan]" in the subject.

---
Ryan Petrello