[openstack-dev] [heat] [scheduler] Bringing things together for Icehouse (now featuring software orchestration)

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 27 14:15:44 UTC 2013

Sorry, I was a bit too hasty in writing the last part of my last message;
I forgot to qualify "software orchestration" to indicate I am speaking
only of its preparatory phase.  I should have written:

Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> wrote on 09/27/2013 08:24:49 AM:

> If I understood your remarks correctly, we agree that there is no
> (known) reason that the scheduling has to occur in the middle of
> orchestration (which would have implied that it needed to be
> incorporated in some sense into Heat).

If you agree that by orchestration you meant specifically infrastructure
orchestration then we are agreed.  If software orchestration preparation
is also in the picture then I also agree that holistic infrastructure
scheduling does not *have to* go in between software orchestration
preparation and infrastructure orchestration --- but I think that's a
pretty good place for it.

Regards,
Mike