[openstack-dev] [elastic-recheck] Announcing elastic-recheck

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 18:05:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26 2013, Joe Gordon wrote:
>
> > TL;DR: We will be automatically identifying your flaky tempest runs, so
> you
> > just have to confirm that you hit bug x, not identify which bug you hit.
>
> I love you guys. It's really painful to work these days due to the high
> failure rate.
>
> I imagine the comment will indicate what should be done to have a
> recheck? I saw Matthew acting like a bot in comments identifying bug
> (and now I undertand he's a bot ;-), so should we just use the bug
> number told to do a recheck, or will the procedure evolve?

We don't want to remove the developer from the loop entirely.  Our
classification won't be perfect and we want the developer to spot check to
confirm they hit the bug we identified.  But it should be an order of
magnitude easier to spot check if we classified your failure correctly vs
classifying the failure on your own.