[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Ceilometer Alarm management page

Ladislav Smola lsmola at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 12:43:52 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 02:22 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24 2013, Ladislav Smola wrote:
>
>> Well for example, if we find metrics, that can be used for measuring health
>> (this is probably more undercloud talking, or hardware metrics in general),
>> we could do something like "I want this alarm on all resources of this
>> type",
>> if there will be e.g. 100s of the resources of the same type, it would be
>> pretty
>> dull to connect alarm to each of them, or to decide to change them.
> Agreed, but I don't know/think that Ceilometer has such capabilities
> right now.

Yes it would be good if something like this would be supported. ->
relation of alarm to multiple entities, that
are result of sample-api query. Could it be worth creating a BP?

Though we could do some simple implementation using tags (special
description) and keeping track that
every entity of some query has its alarm. Probably using composite alarm
as wrapper around group of
alarms could be also good, we could use it to store the shared query.

So I guess there could be a way to implement this. Non optimal way. So
it might be better
to support this in Ceilometer. Not sure. But definitely the upgrade from
one way to the other would
be problematic.