[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Token's project (tenant) not passed to API layer (v2.py) from auth_token.py

Pendergrass, Eric eric.pendergrass at hp.com
Mon Sep 23 23:16:00 UTC 2013

Hi, I'm struggling with a problem related to tokens.  I have one token for
which the project ID gets passed to v2.MeterController.get_all() in the
kwargs:

(Pdb) kwargs

{'project': u'10032339952700', 'meter': u'network.outgoing.bytes'}

I have another token for a different tenant and the project does not get
passed in:

(Pdb) kwargs

{'meter': u'network.outgoing.bytes'}

As far as I can tell the token data is roughly the same, except for the
details about the tenant.  I'm stepping through the auth_token code trying
to find the cause.

Could someone point me in a direction with some possible causes for why one
token would pass the tenant and another wouldn't?

Thank you,

Eric Pendergrass