[openstack-dev] [heat] [scheduler] Bringing things together for Icehouse

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 16:22:59 UTC 2013

On 15/09/13 09:19, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> But first I must admit that I am still a newbie to OpenStack, and still
> am missing some important clues.  One thing that mystifies me is this: I
> see essentially the same thing, which I have generally taken to calling
> holistic scheduling, discussed in two mostly separate contexts: (1) the
> (nova) scheduler context, and (2) the ambitions for heat.  What am I
> missing?

I think what you're missing is that the only person discussing this in
the context of Heat is you. Beyond exposing the scheduling parameters in
other APIs to the user, there's nothing here for Heat to do.

So if you take [heat] out of the subject line then it will be discussed
in only one context, and you will be mystified no longer. Hope that helps :)

cheers,
Zane.