[openstack-dev] [cinder]The inconsistency between cinder client v1 and v2 supported arguments.

Da Zhao Y Yu dzyu at cn.ibm.com
Mon Sep 23 07:18:21 UTC 2013

Hi all,

When I was fixing bug 1221611, current codeReview link. I found in
CinderClient component, there are many inconsistent arguments in v1 and v2
shell.py.

Consider backwards compatibility and consistency, I think we need to fix
this problem. For convenience, I made the following list of v1/v2
arguments inconsistency,
please review it, the folks who have better understanding of the CLI
client history please provide more insights on how to deal with current
situation. Thanks!

Method
V1
V2
do_rename
Only support "--display-description" argument, do not support
"--display_description"
Support both ("--display-description" and "--display_description")
do_snapshot_list
Do not support "--display_name" and "--volume_id" argument
Support both
do_snapshot_rename
Do not support "--display_description"
Support "--display_description"
do_upload_image
Do not support "--container_format" "--disk_format" and  "--image_name"
Support these arguments

Thanks & Best Regards
Yu Da Zhao(于大钊)
Cloud Solutions & OpenStack Development
China Systems & Technology Laboratory in Beijing
Email: dzyu at cn.ibm.com
Tel:   (86)10-82450677