[openstack-dev] sqlalchemy version regression

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Sep 22 15:36:39 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-22 23:00:26 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I already mentioned in this list that we need to be compatible with
> SQLAlchemy 0.8.x. However, I've seen both regressions happening in the
> global-requirements.txt and in Ceilometer:
>
> SQLAlchemy>=0.7.8,<=0.7.99
>
> Please, do not add <=0.7.99, this breaks badly, and all of OpenStack
> really needs to work with SQLAlchemy 0.8.x, which is already in Sid and
> Debian testing!
>
> It'd be nice if it didn't go back and forth for a 2nd time.

Out of curiosity, I just did a pickaxe through the
openstack/requirements Git repository and confirmed that we have
never claimed support for SQLAlchemy 0.8.x at least back to its
inception over a year ago (when we first started trying to get a
consistent list of our dependencies across the entirety of
OpenStack). Individual projects have gone with SQLAlchemy uncapped
from time to time, but if they are to be co-installable then we need
them limited to the intersection of what the individual projects
support.

Since we now have at least some integration testing on our global
requirements list, I uploaded https://review.openstack.org/47745 to
see what breaks (though unit tests for individual projects are not
covered by this test and may also need fixing).
--
Jeremy Stanley