[openstack-dev] [Horizon] PTL Candidacy

Lyle, David (Cloud Services) david.lyle at hp.com
Sat Sep 21 06:25:07 UTC 2013

I would like to announce my candidacy for the Horizon PTL.

I have been developing, extending and contributing to Horizon through the Grizzly and Havana releases serving as a core team member in the Havana cycle.

At the Havana OpenStack Summit, I led a design session on Keystone v3 and multiple region support in Horizon. During the Havana cycle, I contributed multi-region support, significant parts of Keystone v3 support, and the role based access control engine including enforcement for identity. While consistently reviewing changes:

http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/horizon-reviewers-30.txt
http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/horizon-reviewers-180.txt

Over the course of the Havana cycle, we've seen significant growth in the number of contributors to Horizon.  I would like to see that growth continue and also see significant growth in the number of active reviewers.  As PTL, I would enable continued growth by being highly engaged and easily accessible while encouraging greater communication and collaboration across our strong community of contributors.

In Icehouse, I would like to see updates to the overall user experience in Horizon to allow for greater extensibility and better overall user experience.  This includes:
-Improved navigation control
-Use of role based access control to reduce code redundancy (near duplicate panels)
-Workflows that better and more intuitively support common use cases
-Continued support for projects coming out of incubation and active support for new features in existing projects
-Greater extensibility
-Views for administrators that work in a meaningful way for large installations

Thanks,
David Lyle