[openstack-dev] [trove] PTL Candidacy

Michael Basnight mbasnight at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 22:56:30 UTC 2013

Howdy,

Id like to self nominate for the Trove PTL.

Ive been the acting Trove PTL during the Havana incubation timeframe. During this 6 month period I've learned a TON about what it takes to be a PTL, and I know I will learn a lot more in the next 6mo if im elected. A bit of history; before I transitioned to a role that is community driven, I was the trove team lead at Rackspace. Ive been hacking on trove since it began. Im heavily vested in making Trove more extensible and tackling some really cool db technologies.

In the next 6 months I see a few things happening. I think we are approaching a critical mass for development, so we need to really align with everything OpenStack. Things like our devstack installs, CI gating, and cleaning up the troveclient are items I see as essential to transitioning from a "we are like OpenStack" project to a "we ARE OpenStack" project. Another thing I see happening in Trove is support for more than one service type. There is a ton of work going in to making trove a generic datastore project, and we are moving quickly to build more services. Building a solid cluster mgmt api will be crucial to evolving multiple services in Trove. And of course talking w/ people and general project evangelizing is something that ill be focusing on. And coding in my spare time ;)

And finally, plz see the 30 [1] and 90 [2] day reviews. Im constantly reviewing whats going in to the project.

[1] http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/trove-reviewers-30.txt
[2] http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/trove-reviewers-90.txt