[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-devel] PGP key signing party during the HK summit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Sep 20 13:59:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-20 14:33:47 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Has anyone thought about having a PGP key signing party during the
> summit?
[...]

I'm preparing some documents to help socialize an OpenPGP web of
trust amongst our Release Cycle Management team members, with a hope
of getting a strong set of validated signatures between each of us
while we're in Hong Kong. This documentation will be similar to
(essentially a superset of) the current key signing
recommendations/consensus within the Debian developer community as
well as from some other relevant sources. There are improvements I'm
eager to make to our release processes and automation which will
hinge on a solid web of trust, initially amongst those participating
in release processes (signing git tags, attesting to tarballs and so
on) but ultimately strengthened by extending that trust throughout
the contributor base and our downstream consumers.

My current goal is to organize an official key-signing party for the
entire community at the "J" summit--but I expect it to be a fairly
large event and would want a time slot for it which didn't overlap
with any design sessions--so we'll need to plan it fairly far in
advance. I still intend to have key management and key signing
recommendations published for the benefit of the OpenStack developer
community in the coming weeks (in time for the Icehouse summit in
Hong Kong), and encourage people to validate and sign each other's
keys at any opportunity. I personally will be happy to make time
between sessions and at evening events to exchange key fingerprints
and show/check passports with anyone who is interested, and hope
others will do the same.
--
Jeremy Stanley