[openstack-dev] [nova] [pci passthrough] how to fill instance_type_extra_specs for a pci passthrough?

David Kang dkang at isi.edu
Thu Sep 19 20:23:41 UTC 2013

> From: "Yunhong Jiang" <yunhong.jiang at intel.com>
> Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:37:43 AM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] [pci passthrough] how to fill instance_type_extra_specs for a pci passthrough?
> I created a wiki page at
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Pci_passthrough , and I think Irena
> has updated it also.
>
> Thanks

 Could you give me more information/example of how to use "extra_info" in pci_passthrough_whitelist?
I tried to put some information in the "extra_info" field, but it causes nova-compute crash.
I hacked pci_white.py file to pass it, but extra_info is not stored in the DB.
I want to use it to store the information of path to the device file that corresponds to the PCI device.

 Thanks,
 David