[openstack-dev] [heat] cross-stack references

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 18 17:34:43 UTC 2013

When we get into things like affinity concerns or managing network
bandwidth, we see the need for cross-stack relationships.  You may want to
place parts of a new stack near parts of an existing one, for example.  I
see that in CFN you can make cross-references between different parts of a
single stack using the resource names that appear in the original
template.  Is there a way to refer to something that did not come from the
same original template?  If not, won't we need such a thing to be
introduced?  Any thoughts on how that would be done?

Thanks,
Mike