[openstack-dev] python-simplejson 2.0.0 errors

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Sep 17 10:51:13 UTC 2013

Thanks Monty for your reply.

On 09/16/2013 11:32 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> I suggest you add SKIP_PIP_INSTALL=1 to the debian/rules files on all of
> the OpenStack things you are packaging - I think it will make things
> like that go away - since you are processing depends at the apt side,
> there is no need to process them at the python level at runtime too.

Well, by adding SKIP_PIP_INSTALL, the risk is that I might not see a
missing dependency. Sometimes, I just forget one when parsing manually
the requirements.txt files in order to fix the Debian (build-)depends.
So, having pip trying to check for missing requirements is good for me
as it will show in the build log if something is downloaded, and even,
fail the build if done in a buildd (which has on purpose no network on
purpose).

Cheers,

Thomas